We harness the expertise of our members to provide ‘new knowledge’ solutions to the complex challenges impacting the world’s most vulnerable citizens.
Our research is transformative, disruptive and world-leading. Our partnerships are equitable, durable and sustainable.
We accelerate the impact and reach of this work via our extensive and long-standing networks of partners from civil society organisations, governments and the commercial sector, to non-profits and the communities themselves.
- To create opportunities and skills for interdisciplinary collaboration amongst academics and postgraduate students and in the broader development community.
- To facilitate development and funding of interdisciplinary research programmes which generate published research outputs of high international significance and impact.
- To improve international development policy and practice by facilitating academic engagement with governments, civil society, the private sector and international organisations.
- To facilitate the design and delivery of new learning and training activities which support interdisciplinary approaches to global development challenges.
- To build effective and equitable international, interdisciplinary partnerships in research, training and related activities.
LIDC supports research in many countries across the world.