Online LIDC Short Course
LIDC short course- Evaluation: From Innovation to Impact
LIDC's short course entitled “Evaluation: From Innovation to Impact” will be held online on weekdays from Monday 2 November to Friday 13 November 2020, 9am to 1.30pm (UK time) each day.
The course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive background in evaluation methods for development programmes. A wide range of methods will be covered in the course:
- Experimental design methods
- Quasi-experimental approaches
- Process evaluation
- Mixed methods
- Contribution analysis
- Realist evaluation
- Systematic reviews
The course will also focus on practically applied knowledge as students will hear from two leading NGOs, Christian Aid and Brooke, in the field about their monitoring, evaluation and learning approach.
The course is highly interactive and will include group work each day. It is a great opportunity to network with students and development practitioners from all over the world.
Are you curious to hear how past participants at the short course have applied their knowledge from the course? Read the blog posts Interventions Gone Wrong: Learning from the Failures We Didn't See Coming by M&E Officer Thokozile Munthali from Malawi and Zero Chance for Zero Hunger? by Technical Lead Joyce Murerwa from Kenya.
The course is for people who have a relevant Master's or postgraduate qualification and for professionals.
Sessions will be led by academics and evaluation specialists from renowned universities and institutions as well as development practitioners with extensive experience in the field.
- Centre for Evaluation, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- University College London
- The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie)
- Institute of Development Studies
- SOAS University of London
- London School of Economics
- The London Centre for Integrative Research on Agriculture & Health (LCIRAH)
A tutor will support students online all week and help them to enhance their understanding of course concepts through group work exercises.
To find out more about this year's course, you can view the tentative programme here.
Please complete the registration for the course. Registration includes selecting your method of payment. Please be aware that you are only fully registered on the course once we have confirmed your payment and place on the course by email.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR THREE STUDENTS
LIDC is sponsoring three places on this year’s short course with £500 towards the course fees. This is only available to students and professionals who are nationals and also residents of low- or middle-income countries. The deadline for applications has now passed and the three students have now been selected.
The course is £900.
If your organisation sends two or more people on the course, there will be a 10% discount on each person’s fee. If you plan to book two or more people on the course, please get in touch with email@example.com to arrange your discount.
The course will be delivered via Collaborate Ultra and participants will be sent detailed instructions for how to join the course via email. Participants need to have access to a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- If you are unable to attend the course you may substitute, by prior arrangement and after notifying us, someone else from your organisation.
- If you are unable to attend and unable or unwilling to transfer your place to someone else, we may accept the fee as payment of the fee for the next Impact Evaluation course. Such a transfer will be on condition that we are informed in writing of your intentions four weeks prior to the originally booked event. Bookings can only be transferred once.
- If you are unable to attend, and not in a position either to transfer your place to another person or to another event, then the following cancellation charges will apply:
- 12-8 weeks before the course: 25% of the fee.
- 8-4 weeks before the course: 50% of the fee.
- 4-2 weeks before the course: 75% of the fee.
- Less than 14 days before the course: 100% of the fee.
- Please note that full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking that has been transferred.
If you have any further questions about our cancellation policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.