Update from our event ‘Beyond Foresight to the Frontier of Food: The Global Food Landscape in 2050’
February 10, 2020
An audience of over 230 people joined us on the 29th January for LIDC’s and Nature Food’s event: ‘Beyond Foresight to the Frontier of Food: The Global Food Landscape in 2050’. The below distinguished panelists shared their vision for the future of food.
- Dr David Nabarro, Strategic Director, 4SD, co-winner of the World Food Prize 2018
- Professor Sir David King, Centre for Climate Repair, Cambridge and former UK Scientific Advisor and Special Representative for Climate Change
- Professor Sandy Thomas, Director, Global Panel on Agriculture & Food Systems for Nutrition
- Professor Alan Dangour, Professor in Food and Nutrition for Global Health, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Dr Namukolo Covic, Senior Research Coordinator, International Food Policy Research Institute
- Professor Simon Pearson, Professor of Agri-Food Technology, University of Lincoln
Anne Mullen from Nature Food moderated the panel. LIDC’s Director, Claire Heffernan set the scene for the event, reminding us that our actions now will forge the food system in 2100.
The livestream of the event can be accessed via panopto.
An innovative and creative addition to the panel discussion was our graphic recorder Eleanor Beer who was actively capturing the discussions through illustrations which can be seen below.
We would like to thank Nature Food for the opportunity to co-host the event and are very much looking forward to continuing the discussion on the Future of Food.