HDCA Conference 2019: Recruitment of student volunteers
May 20, 2019
The IOE is seeking committed, enthusiastic student volunteers to help ensure the smooth running of the 2019 Human Development and Capability Association (HDCA) conference, which will take place at UCL and SOAS. The conference will be attended by scholars in a broad range of disciplines from across the world and volunteering at the conference offers students a unique opportunity to hear new research and see some leading figures in this field present their ideas.
The Human Development and Capability Association (HDCA) is a global community of academics and practitioners focused on people-centred development and the capability approach. The 2019 Human (HDCA) conference is hosted by UCL, in partnership with SOAS, Birkbeck, the University of East London and the London International Development Centre (LIDC). The theme for the conference is ‘Connecting Capabilities’. See details here.
· Welcome conference attendees as they arrive, direct them to registration desks
· Register attendees
· Help attendees move through the conference, direct them to their session rooms and answer general queries
· Set up event rooms
· Develop posters or other visual representations that can be displayed during the conference
· Report on the event using social media
· Take photographs during the conference (if you have experience please make a note of this below)
· Use roaming mics during keynotes and plenaries
· Put up signage and posters
· Guide delegates to conference dinner on September 10th, 2019
· Co-ordinate and assist with poster presentations
· On at least two days, for at least three sessions, between 9-11th September, 8am-1.30pm & 1.30pm-6.30pm approx. (volunteer sessions will be split into half days)
· A volunteer briefing session (approx. 1-2 hours) the week prior to the event.