LIDC GCRF Networking Workshop
November 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Are you interested in learning more about the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) and networking with like-minded researchers? Our GCRF Networking Workshop will help enhance your understanding of the GCRF’ and its place within the UK’s international development research landscape. You can also connect with current grant holders and funders.
The event will comprise a panel session and interactive Q&A with figures at the heart of the UK international development research landscape as well as networking sessions with current GCRF grant leaders.
What will this event cover?
- The current international development research landscape in the UK and future directions.
- The GCRF impact agenda.
- Opportunities to meet and connect with with current GCRF grant holders and other researchers.
- Writing a successful application.
- Demonstrating interdisciplinarity in research: Am I doing it right?
9.30am: Guest registration
10am: Welcome address from Professor Claire Heffernan, LIDC Centre Director
10.30am-12.30pm: Panel discussion: The current international development funding landscape in the UK, and future directions. High-level presentations followed by a panel discussion and audience Q&A
12.30-2.00pm: Networking lunch
2.00-3.30pm: Collaborative group activities: Opportunities to connect with GCRF grant holders, learn about their research and opportunities to collaborate
3.30-4.00pm: Coffee and tea
- Mark Claydon-Smith, Associate Director- International Development, UK Research and Innovation.
- Professor Claire Heffernan, Director, London International Development Centre.
- Marta Tufet, Executive Director, UKCDR.
- Richard Dove, Head of Knowledge Hub, World Vision UK.
More speakers TBC.
NB: This event is limited to academics and professional services staff from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Royal Veterinary College, SOAS, University of London, UCL Institute of Education, Birkbeck Geography Department, City, University of London, and Queen Mary University of London.
Event hashtag: #GCRFNetworking
Room 101, Birkbeck, University of London 30 Russell Square London WC1B 5DT